Absolute Links vs. Relative Links – SEO Value
- 17th August 2017
- Advanced SEO Techniques, Business advice, SEO
The debate between absolute links and relative links continues to live on in the SEO world. The individual significance of each has been contested, but it is widely regarded that absolute links provide better SEO value on the whole than relative links.
Many believe that absolute links have less potential for getting messed up when search engines index your page. It shouldn’t really make a difference, but many conclude that this is reason enough.
Furthermore, content scrapers and RSS services may ‘repurpose’ your content legitimately (or not). In either case, shouldn’t a proper back-link be attributed to your site? This situation favours absolute links. Although this is a minor argument, it’s still worth considering.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
- Local Gardener Websites 18th February 2020
- Local Lead Generation & Marketing Service 17th October 2019
- Website Analysis & SEO – FREE Website Audit 30th November 2018
- Google now discounts all reciprocal links 17th October 2017
- Can Any Inbound Linking Hurt My Ranking? 17th September 2017
- Absolute Links vs. Relative Links – SEO Value 17th August 2017
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Warning: Missing argument 2 for NF_Actions_Recaptcha::maybe_inject_field() in /home/theint36/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/includes/Actions/Recaptcha.php on line 245